free website stats program Louisiana Hot Sauce!!! | Harley Davidson Forums

Louisiana Hot Sauce!!!

flipper

Account Removed
Loving these threads about road trips!!!! Every night my husband and I catch up on what Mad Dog, Dr. Doolittle, BikeMike, etc. are doing. We had a quick road trip of our own this past weekend. I had to do a 5K oil change and service, and he had the tank recall and tire replacement on his Ultra, so we left Sat. a.m. from our home here in Benton, Ms. to go to Bossier City H-D. Gosh, it was HOT!!!! But it got hotter! After we got our bikes done, we boogied on over to Longview, TX to visit The Harley Shop. Spent the night in that nice town and oozed on over to Tyler the next morning to Lone Star H-D. (They opened at 11a.m.) Browsed around a while and collected another T shirt and turned toward home. We doused ourselves with ice water at each stop, inside and out, to stay hydrated. Got home before 8pm while it was still nice and bright outside. It was a 397 mile day for us and that is a record for both of us rookies. I tried out my new Airhawk seat cushion and I think it is great. I've now ordered a Firehouse Customs back rest. Will see how that helps. Quick trip, but fun as heck!!!!

Awwww dude, give me a little break! :s I've been so busy reading the other posts that I haven't taken time to get the pics up yet. I'll share a couple of them when I can. I always take pics though...........

Glyd-n, I was thrilled to make it to your TX. I have friends in Kerrville that we hope to visit maybe next year. That would give us a chance to explore your "country" even more. It's a great state for sure with great people.

Loving these threads about road trips!!!! Every night my husband and I catch up on what Mad Dog, Dr. Doolittle, BikeMike, etc. are doing. We had a quick road trip of our own this past weekend. I had to do a 5K oil change and service, and he had the tank recall and tire replacement on his Ultra, so we left Sat. a.m. from our home here in Benton, Ms. to go to Bossier City H-D. Gosh, it was HOT!!!! But it got hotter! After we got our bikes done, we boogied on over to Longview, TX to visit The Harley Shop. Spent the night in that nice town and oozed on over to Tyler the next morning to Lone Star H-D. (They opened at 11a.m.) Browsed around a while and collected another T shirt and turned toward home. We doused ourselves with ice water at each stop, inside and out, to stay hydrated. Got home before 8pm while it was still nice and bright outside. It was a 397 mile day for us and that is a record for both of us rookies. I tried out my new Airhawk seat cushion and I think it is great. I've now ordered a Firehouse Customs back rest. Will see how that helps. Quick trip, but fun as heck!!!!

Getting your bike set up for comfort will only mean longer road trips. :D

Sounds like you've definitely got the bug!

It's one thing to ride your local roads for a couple hours but nothing beats the feeling of climbing on your bike and heading for roads untravelled with a new destination waiting for you at the end of the day.

I came home from NC yesterday morning on a road I'd never ridden before, even though Mapquest said it added 45 minutes to my trip home. Please don't tell my wife!

Back