free website stats program Loud pop when trying to start 2014 Tri Glide | Harley Davidson Forums

Loud pop when trying to start 2014 Tri Glide

When I try to start my 2014 Tri Glide it makes a single loud pop sound and then nothing. It never try to turn over and all the gauge lights remain on. The battery appears to be good but I an’t load test it if it won’t trun over. The last time I drove it I backed it into the garage using the reverse function. I was thinking maybe the starter solenoid is still engaged from being in reverse so I tried rocking the bike to see if it would disengage, I am not sure this is what’s going on, just a guess on my part. Just curious if anyone has heard of an issue like this and if so maybe it is an easy fix and I won’t have to tow it to a repair shop. Thanks for any advise.

I'm not sure what you are calling a Loud Pop? Is that a mechanical sound or noise from the engine trying to turn over, as in a back fire?
If that is an original battery, I would take it out , charge it fully, then take it to Auto Zone or somewhere to have it load tested. Being 5 years old it is probably bad.
tourbox

I will try the battery, I think it is only about a year old though but worth having it checked out. The pop is not a back fire, almost electical sounding. Thanks for the response.

Back