free website stats program Lost wrench | Harley Davidson Forums

Lost wrench

tld6008

After making a small adjustment to my clutch cable on my 75 electra glide, which required that I remove the crossover exhaust heat shield and the coil cover, as I was reinstalling the coil cover I dropped the small wrench while tightening the lower coil cover screw. The wrench dropped behind the inner primary and I could barely see it from the coil side. I tried to get it with a magnetic probe but it slipped down and now I can't see it. I took the battery out for better access to see but I can't find it now. Any idea where it could be hiding?

Tip it upside down and shake, it should fall out. :p I've lost a few tools over the years working on cars, frustrating at best.:(

I bought a borescope from Amazon for about $16 a few years ago. Connects to my smart phone or laptop and has a light on the end. Goes into small places and sees where your eyes or a dental mirror can't.

Good luck finding it. I dropped a small hex fitting into the steering column cover of my lawnmower, took it apart and still can't find it, that was back during the summer.

I have a small magnet, from a pocket screwdriver, that I pushed into a vacuum hose about 8 inches long that I use to get into areas I can't see. Like under the starter body or into crevices.

Back