free website stats program lost lights | Harley Davidson Forums

lost lights

razor10

help installed kuryakan pulse brake light flasher on my 02 ultra lost my head lights and taillights and spotlights after about an hour there is no power going to them are they on a fuse and if so where is it or did i blow a relay or something any help greatly appreciated

The lights are on a 15a fuse. The box is behind the left side cover, and has a diagram on the fuse box cover. Check the Kuryakyn module, my friend's was getting pinched when he sat on the seat, causing fuses to blow.

The lights are on a 15a fuse. The box is behind the left side cover, and has a diagram on the fuse box cover. Check the Kuryakyn module, my friend's was getting pinched when he sat on the seat, causing fuses to blow.

Breeze has you covered here, re check your install:s

Sure sounds like you developed a short somewhere along the line. If it took a hour before you lost them I agree with Breeze, check for a pinched wire

Probably a pinched wire as stated but you could remove the Kuryakyn module before replacing the blown fuse.
Run it for a while and see if the fuse holds.
If so, put the module back in and see if the fuse blows then.

jack checked the fuse was blown changed it lights now working but the bike wont stay running now starts up but dies fuel pump is working but checked the fuse under the right side cover anyway its fine what the heck did i do ?????

jack checked the fuse was blown changed it lights now working but the bike wont stay running now starts up but dies fuel pump is working but checked the fuse under the right side cover anyway its fine what the heck did i do ?????

HMMM, have you run the codes yet? http://www.hdtimeline.com/archive/t-729.html Electricity is a funny animal, Be sure to clean and lube ALL connections starting @ the battery and check ALL grounds. Often over looked is the connection at the starter it feeds all power through the solenoid, make sure the starter is grounded and bolts to starter are tight

not sure what it was jack but there was and old kuryakan colored accent lighting system that was on the bike when i purchased it wasnt working and some where falling off so i took the opportunity to remove it while everything was apart everything else looked good so i fired it up and the darn thing runs fine but i did find a couple of modules under the seat that look like they may have been for a heated seat so i may take them off as well and that would leave lots of room for the kuryakan brake light module thanks for your input

not sure what it was jack but there was and old kuryakan colored accent lighting system that was on the bike when i purchased it wasnt working and some where falling off so i took the opportunity to remove it while everything was apart everything else looked good so i fired it up and the darn thing runs fine but i did find a couple of modules under the seat that look like they may have been for a heated seat so i may take them off as well and that would leave lots of room for the kuryakan brake light module thanks for your input

:s Good Deal, get to know your machine is a good thing, keep it simple and if you have alot of extra un used or unknown stuff best off to eliminate it and recheck every thing else still works:s

Back