free website stats program loose fuel gage cap | Harley Davidson Forums

loose fuel gage cap

Billbo

Hello all, does anyone have any info about a fuel gage on a road king that comes loose!!! How does it fit into the gas tank? How is it securred into the gas tank?

Two times now I have just 'noticed' that mine was out/loose. And each time I just pushed it back in and left it alone. It is working fine. Just wondering if I need to put some sorta glue or thread lock or bend an ear on it or what???
Any help is appreciated.

Bill

HD11FLHR071.gif

Bill take a look here, #9 is the gasket that seals the gauge to the tank

HD11FLHR071.gif

Bill take a look here, #9 is the gasket that seals the gauge to the tank

Thanks Jack!!! Do you suppose there is any sealant or something that would keep the gasket down? or keep the gage in/on the gasket?

As always, (it seems) I should look in the service manual first to see what it says!! duh!! Mine just does not seem to be 'sticking' and pops up - well has twice now...

Bill

Thanks Jack!!! Do you suppose there is any sealant or something that would keep the gasket down? or keep the gage in/on the gasket?

As always, (it seems) I should look in the service manual first to see what it says!! duh!! Mine just does not seem to be 'sticking' and pops up - well has twice now...

Bill

You could use some sealant ,BUT if you ever have to remove it to change a bulb or the gauge itself you may not get it out JMO

Back