free website stats program Loose bolts!!!!!!!! | Harley Davidson Forums

Loose bolts!!!!!!!!

FLIPBEL

I discovered two drops of oil under my bike. I started to search and discovered that two bolts that hold a small muffler bracket (RIGHT SIDE) and are also part of what hold a cover that I think is part of the clutch were loose (hand loose). Oil was everywhere under the engine. I was able to tighten up the bolts and clean up the bottom. My bike (2009 EGC) has 9500 mile on it. No leak yet. My question is, has anyone else experienced this situation?

Thanks!!!!!

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    58.9 KB · Views: 138
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 127
I have the same bike ('09 EGC.) I haven't had an issue with mine, but I'll be sure to keep an eye on those bolts.

08 EGC here, and no problems that I've seen with oil leaking. But thanks for posting the pics and detail on this.

I discovered two drops of oil under my bike. I started to search and discovered that two bolts that hold a small muffler bracket (RIGHT SIDE) and are also part of what hold a cover that I think is part of the clutch were loose (hand loose). Oil was everywhere under the engine. I was able to tighten up the bolts and clean up the bottom. My bike (2009 EGC) has 9500 mile on it. No leak yet. My question is, has anyone else experienced this situation?

Thanks!!!!!

Happened on my '08 SG. Just a couple of drops on the pavement, but caught it right away and had my indie co. tighten the two bolts. Not sure how many miles at the time, but had my Baker DD7 put in around 43,000 miles so it was between 18,000miles (when things started to happen) and 43,000 when the DD7 was installed. I know of 2 other bikes in Southern Cal that the same two bolts became a little loose. Maybe the vibrations, etc. of the exhaust?

Doesnt look like the tranny cover bolts, but muffle bracket bolts going into the tranny itself. What a strange design...

That is why they loosen up with the torque and movement of the engine:s

2011 limited One of the front exhaust nuts was missing altogether. Clutch out of ajustment, shifts like a tractor. When it is hot the primary sounds like the old open primary on bikes. Bike only has 300 miles. But the dealer says it is all normal.

2011 limited One of the front exhaust nuts was missing altogether. Clutch out of ajustment, shifts like a tractor. When it is hot the primary sounds like the old open primary on bikes. Bike only has 300 miles. But the dealer says it is all normal.

Not the first time I have seen these exhaust nuts fall off, They are a cheap torque prevailing nut The MOCO should come up with a better one, poor PDI on the bike IMO I replace the nuts with grade 8 nuts and lock washers, tho the dealer will use the same ones from the factory, dont settle for They all do this it is not good enough, Capital Jack

Back