free website stats program Looking to Make an Adventure Ride | Harley Davidson Forums

Looking to Make an Adventure Ride

dolce

Greetings all. I'm looking to take a "journey" this year hopefully. I'm 60 years old and ride a 2011 FLHTK that I've had for about a year now. Before that I had a dyna super glide custom which I rode to sturgis from Virginia in 2010. A great trip albeit not so comfortable on the super glide. I live in Raleigh, NC currently and just in early stages of putting my thoughts into this undertaking. Would love to ride to Alaska but thinking that may be a bit ambitious since I could only take two, maybe three weeks off from work. Would really appreciate some feedback from those who have made such a journey.
WAP.gif

Have not made a trip like like myself but have always wanted too. A ride like has a lot to do with you planning it out, IMO. You have a nice looking bike there, the best one for a trip like that. Good luck in your decision. Keep us informed.

I've always said if I had 2 or 3 weeks off, I'd love to do the following steps over and over:

1. Pour myself a cup of coffee
2. Check multiple weather websites and see which direction looks best
3. Consult a map and see what might be interesting within 300 to 400 miles in that direction
4. Hop on the bike and ride according to steps 2 and 3
5. Stop for the night, have a nice dinner and adult beverage, and get a good night's sleep
6. Get up and return to step 1

:good Good Plan DR...

I've always said if I had 2 or 3 weeks off, I'd love to do the following steps over and over:

1. Pour myself a cup of coffee
2. Check multiple weather websites and see which direction looks best
3. Consult a map and see what might be interesting within 300 to 400 miles in that direction
4. Hop on the bike and ride according to steps 2 and 3
5. Stop for the night, have a nice dinner and adult beverage, and get a good night's sleep
6. Get up and return to step 1

my wife and I did it last year, 3 month vacation.
going to do it this yr again but leaving in may some time and taking the whole summer off. will be seeing british Columbia this time and see how we feel on Alaska..going to do some trailering this time. ???? not looking for the iron butt again..

my wife and I did it last year, 3 month vacation.
going to do it this yr again but leaving in may some time and taking the whole summer off. will be seeing british Columbia this time and see how we feel on Alaska..going to do some trailering this time. ???? not looking for the iron butt again..

Nice that you had the opportunity to take that much time. Enjoy the ride this summer.

Back