free website stats program Looking for upgrade suggestions | Harley Davidson Forums

Looking for upgrade suggestions

90FXRS

Contributor
Picked up a 2013 FLHX. Looking to upgrade the cam chest, breather and exhaust. Nothing radical but looking to add a little more horse and torque. The exhaust I am pitching around either RC Power Max or VH Power duals and High Output mufflers. Really undecided on the cams. I am figuring on a new plate, oil pump, lifters and bearings as well when I get into it.

Cycle Rama 570-2 cams, S&S standard lifters, S&S adjustable pushrods, Torrington inner cam bearings, SE billet cam plate and high capacity pump (PN 25282-11) and Fuel Moto X-pipe and 4" Jackpot mufflers and SE Heavy Breather vented to the atmosphere will get the job done nicely. Not cheap but should be good for 15-20 TQ/HP with a proper tune. You will need a fuel management system like the Power Vision; find a tuner that sells licenses and you won't have to buy the system. If you do go with the SE billet cam plate, make sure you remove the pressure relief valve and buff it up with a Scotchbrite pad; they have been known to be "stuck" from the factory. Typical results with the 570-2 cams is early torque coming on between 2000-2500 rpms depending on tune, compression and exhaust with peak numbers averaging 100HP/110TQ; YMMV.;)

IIRC, the 570-2 base circle is the same as stock, so you may not need adjustable pushrods. You can always cut the stock ones and install adjustables is the valve train is noisy. You can also save a few $$ on the intake with a standard Stage I A/C upgrade in lieu of the SE Heavy Breather but dyno testing has shown that there is some benefit to be had from forward facing intakes.:cool:

Back