free website stats program Looking for suggestions on slip-on mufflers | Harley Davidson Forums

Looking for suggestions on slip-on mufflers

92FXRS

I have a '92 FXRS Lowrider Sport. It has the OE mufflers & headers (with crossover pipe). I do not like the sound of the exhaust. The mufflers are slip-ons, but the baffles are molded in solid, so there is no way to gut them without destroying them. The headers are 1-3/4", but the inside of the muffler measures slightly over 1-1/4" ID. Does anybody have any knowledge of a good sounding set, preferably with a nice throaty HARLEY sound (but not deafening loud). Times are tough for everybody right now, so I don't want to end up buying 3 or 4 sets before I find something I like.

There are quite a few posts here with sound bites that will give you a good idea of the sound your looking for. Also You-Tube has plenty of videos of Harley guys showing off their pipes. But, the best way to find out what looks good and sounds good to YOU is to go to a few shows or bike meets and listen and look in person. That's what I did and deceided on the Krome-Werks 3" slip-ons for my FatBob. It's your money, your bike, your ears. Go out and check out bikes in action. It's the best way to hear the sound your looking for. I would tell you the Krome-Works for the money is the best low rumble I heard. Not obnoxious, but I love setting off those cage alarms. :)

Thanks DDOGG, you're right. Everybody likes a different look, sound, etc. I'll take the advice & LISTEN for what I like. Headed to Cherokee,NC in a couple of weeks, it will be the perfect place to find what I want.

Back