free website stats program Looking for new luggage | Harley Davidson Forums

Looking for new luggage

Mweed2009

In need of new luggage , Two up need some storage for are 15 day trips.
Has any one used any of the saddleman bags? or any thing else T-Bag ect
Riding FLHT 2009

Bought a T-Bag off of Ebay a couple years ago and used it until I bought a detachable tour pak for my Street Glide. I was real happy with the design and quality.

My buddy and his wife took several cross country (2+ weeks) on his Road King with hard saddle bags and a T-Bag (expandable). He said he had room for all the stuff he bought on the way. He used the bag for several years with no problems of any kind. I have seen T-Bags or similar makes that were so large it looked unsafe.

My wife and have been out up to a month. We use a Dakota T-bag on top of the trunk. Keep rain gear and stuff like that in there so it is easy to get to. That modle of t-bag has detachable back packs on the end. Kind of gimicky but they are handy to pop off and carry around at an event or at a park to haul that lunch around.

mweed , great question ,I'm looking to purchase some extra luggage for my heritage, it would be nice to hear which bags hold up or don't,etc.

Depends on type of luggage match your look, feel and storage needs. If looking for heavy guage leather bags w/ quick detach virtually invisible hardware: Leatherworks, Leatherneck Jims, Boss Bags and others offer some of the very best and in styles that will match your Heritage needs, studs, conchos, braided edges, fringe, pockets, and even beverage holders. Others have adapted to hardbags and even made them look like Ultras if you can believe that...

http://www.hdtimeline.com/chassis_suspension_and_front_end/5895-motorcycle_luggage.html

As far as extra removable type luggage, I have tried a few brands, but like T-Bags the best. They have many sizes and configurations. Also great customer service.
Saddle bags is a whole other thing. First of all, are you looking for hard or soft bags. I have had great luck with Boss Bags quick detachable.

Having looked at the T-Bags, the HD OEM bags and the Dowco Iron Rider, for the money I really feel the Iron Rider DOWCO Power Sports : Products : products are hard to beat. The T-Bay mounting systems are top notch but I was only looking at bags to strap on the tour pak and back seat.

I bought the t-bag Lonestar for my heritage. Comes with roll-bag and rain tarp.

Used it one time and it worked great. Got stuck in a downpour in Oklahoma and it kept everything bone dry.

But now I have an Ultra and it doesn't work on that.

We just bought a pair of "Biker's Friend" luggage; haven't had a chance to try them yet.

Back