free website stats program looking for help | Harley Davidson Forums

looking for help

hi to all on the DYNA forum, i,m new to it, this is my first post,!!! got myself a bog standard SUPER GLIDE CUSTOM, 2007, and would like to dress it up a bit, exhaust , sissy bar, etc, ANY advice would be most welcome, maybe someone out there has stuff for sale.??:(

Get yourself some catalogs, and start looking. There are enough parts and stuff to choose from just go looking. Stop in some shops, look at other bikes and make it yours.

I ride a 2009 FXDC and I did a lotta mods on it.

Chrome front end
Chrome inner primary cover
Chrome cylinder base cover
Chrome lifter block cover
Chrome lever
Chrome master cylinder kit
Chrome starter
Chrome sprocket
Chrome lower belt guard
Chrome swing arm
Chrome 12" shocks from progressive
Chrome 5 3/4" headlights
Willie G. Skull (passenger pegs,rider pegs,hand grips,derby cover,timer cover)
Medium backrest with "ride to live" medallion

pretty much dressed up my bike, now only need to enhance its performance...

Last edited:
Congratulations on the new purchase...
now get ready to spend some real money to get it just the way you want it.
just remember make it yours.

Two and a half years into it, here is my plain jane 06 FXDI done a little more to my taste. Maybe will offer you some suggestion as to the possibilities.

6K313461a.jpg

Picture003-2.jpg

Picture010-1.jpg

Picture004-7.jpg

As your making all theses modifications remember to look in your service manual and properly torque all the things you add or replace trust me when i first started changing a few things on my bike i thought "yea that's plenty tight enough" 2 days later my passenger foot peg fell off going down the road,2 weeks later i kept hearing a buzzing sound then my shifter fell off (figured out where the buzzing noise was coming from)i was stuck in 3rd gear for 5 miles until i ran across a parts house.all because i was hard headed. torque and use medium lok-tite(blue) and you'll be a happy camper

Back