free website stats program Looking for Great Places to eat in the Great Lakes! | Harley Davidson Forums

Looking for Great Places to eat in the Great Lakes!

vtwinrider

Hey everyone, I am looking for great little known places to eat in the Great lakes area. I am even thinking about putting together a guide to publish!

Does anyone know of little "Mom & Pop" type places that you like to visit, off of the beaten path or on the highway. Micro brews and wineries are also of interest.

Thank you in advance.

Point Pelee is a great place to visit. Home to some great wines. It is located near Lemington Ontario on Lake Erie. It is Canadas most southern point and is actually further south then the most northern part of California.

Legg's Inn, Cross Village (Polish food) Village Inn, St. Ignace (fish and pizza) Karl's Cuisine, Sault St. Marie (All good but desserts are killer) Dinghy's Bar, Frankfort (Fish and BBQ) Au Sable Inn, Oscoda (BBQ) Sugar Foot Saloon, Cedar (Wet Burrito) Spikes Keg of Nails, Grayling (burger) Stampede, Gaylord (All food) Mulligan's Bar, Cheboygan, (burgers) Key Hole Bar, Mackinaw City (fish) Big Bear Deli, Gaylord (soup and sandwichs) Moomers Dairy, Traverse City, (ice cream) Here are a few Michigan favorites of my wife and I, feel free to contact me if you want more.

I can name several right in the middle of Wisconsin. Marshfield, WI. The Daily Grind-specialty coffees, and a full menu. Some of the best breakfasts you will ever find. His soups and sandwiches are tremendous! All is homemade with ingredients coming from local grocers. Also in Marshfield is The Kitchen Table. They don't have specialty coffees but their food is great. Very homey atmosphere. They will sit you at a table with strangers. You end up having nice discussions over food and coffee.

Bar food-Stratford, WI area. Selma's. On HWY 97 north end of town. Just an old tavern that has a nice dining area and fabulous food.
Finer dining-Wausau, WI. This is right on I-39 & US-29. 2510 Restaurant and bakery. Unreal food from sandwiches to Prime Rib. That is just scratching the surface. There is also a small chain of restaurants in Central WI called Hudson's Classic Bar and Grill. They have a theme of the Hudson automobile, but have all kinds of Americana hanging on the walls. Food is very good at these also. I'm partial to the one in Marshfield, WI. It is an old building that used to be a battery outlet store. It is really cool inside. More of a sports bar feel as they have several TVs with sports on all the time.
Over on the SW area of WI near La Crosse is a place called Hansen's Hideout. Very biker friendly and just a breathtaking view on their deck. Excellent food. On any given day you can find up to 300 bikes there.

Just found out about Trolley Dogs in Kenosha, WI.

Home

Not too far from Lake Michigan and the town is beautiful IMO.

If you have never been to Brat Stop, it is worth checking out as well.

http://www.bratstop.com/

They often have live music and their bratwurst is great. They open at 8AM for breakfast and there are a lot of riders that stop in. There's a little shop where you can buy beer (lol), cheese, sausage and things of that nature.

Back