free website stats program Looking for a new windshield for 09 Flhx | Harley Davidson Forums

Looking for a new windshield for 09 Flhx

Redman

Have seen some from clearview with a recurve...I am 6 Ft tall and was thinking of the 6.5 or 8 inch with recurve in dark smoke. Any suggestions or comments would be appreciated. The clearview seemed to get great reviews. Thanks for any info!:bigsmiley12:

I'm also 6 feet tall / 32 inch inseam. Just put the 8 inch Clearview with recurve on and it's great!!

:bigsmiley12:I'm also 6' with an 09 SG. I have the 6.5" Klock Werks Flare dark smoke on mine. I look over the top with ease and it sure stopped the helmet bounce and glasses dance. You can see through it during the day with a little distorsion at the edges. They also make a 3.5" one but I haven't heard of anybody with it yet.

have seen some from clearview with a recurve...i am 6 ft tall and was thinking of the 6.5 or 8 inch with recurve in dark smoke. Any suggestions or comments would be appreciated. The clearview seemed to get great reviews. Thanks for any info!:bigsmiley12:
hey redman: I took delivery of an '09 street glide one month ago. Had the dealer install a clockwerks 8 1/2" dark smoke winshield before i ever rode on it. With the stock seat, it's like i'm in a bubble. Air runs over the top of the helmet. Using the optinal h.d. Badlander seat puts me a little lower but also a little further back, allowing air to hit just above helmet visor. Both ways work ok, but for me, stock seat with 8 1/2" is better. I think it looks great as well.

I'm 6' as well. I found the 8" to be a little short for me, but I've got a Sundowner seat on mine. I've got a 10" (special order) dark smoke Clearview w/recurve on mine and really like it. I can see over it, but can easily get behind it for bad weather. I ran an 8" Kuryakyn with the stock seat, and it was fairly good.

Thanks for the good word....I think an 8 is in order for me from clearview with the recurve....Again thanks for your help.

Hey Redman, I just took delivery of a new 09 FLHX and I too am looking into another windshield. I love the look of the short windshield but where its still cold up here (rode home last night and it was 33 degree's) I'm looking for more protection. I'm attaching a link for Clearview Shields website on how to measure for the correct height windshield. It is (Clearview Shields - for the best ride you'll ever see)
I'll be doing this tomorrow if it's not raining, or snowing................

H4U30...let me know what you decide as I face similiar considerations with weather...also let me know your height so I can take that into consideration when comparing notes.....thanks for your input.

Hey Redman, I just took delivery of a new 09 FLHX and I too am looking into another windshield. I love the look of the short windshield but where its still cold up here (rode home last night and it was 33 degree's) I'm looking for more protection. I'm attaching a link for Clearview Shields website on how to measure for the correct height windshield. It is (Clearview Shields - for the best ride you'll ever see)
I'll be doing this tomorrow if it's not raining, or snowing................

H4U30...let me know what you decide as I face similiar considerations with weather...also let me know your height so I can take that into consideration when comparing notes.....thanks for your input.

You can measure until you're blue in the face and still not be 100% sure you're getting the right size. I still think the best way is to cut a piece of cardboard or stiff paper to the same height as the shield you're considering, tape it in place over your current shield, and then sit on the bike on level ground to be sure you can comfortably look over the top. No ifs, ands, or buts!

Back