free website stats program Looking for 2008 fxdc anv owners | Harley Davidson Forums

Looking for 2008 fxdc anv owners

fxdcanv 08

Would like to share experiences with this model and any related customized options u have done.
Own 1012/2000.
MEL

Hi Mel,
My FXDC although a joy had an issue with valve noise and was cured by using a after market oil pressure spring . When I took it to the dealer they told me it was my jiffy stand and it was fixed. WRONG! I now need (badly) the 1k service and get no reply from three of the dealers in my local area of Connecticut. The fourth dealer is where I bought the bike but they are the farthest away and truthfully I don't like the ride there. Guess I should of thought of that when I made the purchase.
Mods? I changed the risers 1" up and 2" back a Mustang solo seat, Rush mufflers are on the way ( slash down w/1.75 baffles) as is a tank mod to raise the front 2" for (imo) better styling , cooling . Have you done any mods to yours or are you happy with the stock setup? ~ Nels

Hey Mel, I have a 08 FXDC in pearl black I have put forward controls and some slip ons as of right now I have had no issues with the bike and I am very glad I got it. Absolutely love it.

Hi Mel,

I have an '07 FXDC and love it. I have done quite a lot to it, but there is always more that can be done. So far I have chromed most of the engine/transmission area, changed the pegs, shifter lever and pad, Kuryakyn ISO grips with throddle boss, chrome hand levers, chromed all bolts and covers, had the fenders and tank pinstripped, replaced the mirrors, added a H-D tach, removeable windshield, chrome regulator cover, added back rest, chrome tail light housing with LED light, smoked turn signals lens and added saddlebags. I am planning on changing the stock pipes to Screamin' Eagles next month, and I have a "Sound of Chrome" sound system on order from Kuryakyn. I'm sure that I will come up with some other changes...It's an addiction, but a good one! I need to take some new photos and post them. --Buck

:D Hi all. Thanks for the reply's.

It good to read from other owners of the dyna family.

I started this post looking for owners of the 2008 fxdc anniversary edition dyna.
That aside all your posts are welcome if u ride a dyna and have something to say about your ride or anything related dyna.

It would be nice to find another owner of a 2008 fxdc anniversary editon.
They only built 2000 of these fine bikes.

About mine:
build 1012 of 2000. Changed out timing cover and derby cover for chrome 105 th anniversary covers. Chrome highway pegs installed, tailight chrome cover, chrome coil cover, saddlebags supports and bags.

Problems. Leaks oil from oil sensor and 6 speed chrome cover. I have 2900 miles on it. I plan on bringing it in to the dealer really soon to address theses problems.
Other than these small problems this bike ROCKS!!

Merry xmas all.
MEL

Hey Mel, I have a 08 FXDC in pearl black I have put forward controls and some slip ons as of right now I have had no issues with the bike and I am very glad I got it. Absolutely love it.

Did you do anything for the EFI when you replaced the mufflers?

Gilligan the slip ons I have are nothing special just a little louder then stock and I have not done anything to the EFI yet and I have'nt had any issues either. When I get back from the sand box I am going to change the pipes and efi go through it completly in moma lets me.

Just purchased 2008 fxdc 105th waiting for delivery some time this week. Purchased used w/700MI in mint condition from local dealer for $11,500.00.
# 721 if my memory serves my correctly.

Steve

Hey Im new to the post but I own an FXDC ANN #616 Im in N GA Have added plenty of chrome includinf forks...New seat Sissy Windshield Pegs Waiting on a nice day to take pics...:bigsmiley23:

Back