free website stats program looking at buying drag bars but not sure of size. | Harley Davidson Forums

looking at buying drag bars but not sure of size.

ron1978

these are the ones i'm looking at:
STYLE: 8" T-Bar
END RISE: 5.0"
WIDTH: 31.0"
CENTER WIDTH: 8.5"
PULLBACK: 11.5"
FINISH: Show Quality Chrome
i'm 6'2" tall , bike has forward controls
would it look good and feel good??
any pictures of them installed on bikes?

Google Flanders handlebars or Chubby's (Wild1).... they have many drag bars to chose from.

I think the pullback may be a bit much and could get them too close to you. I would consider a new riser set either straight or pullbacks, and then grip angle , (25, 17, or 0 degrees) and overall width.

Google Flanders handlebars or Chubby's (Wild1).... they have many drag bars to chose from.

I think the pullback may be a bit much and could get them too close to you. I would consider a new riser set either straight or pullbacks, and then grip angle , (25, 17, or 0 degrees) and overall width.

Heres an example on my XL1200N...
Stock bars with 1.5" straight risers, 6" rise, 10" pullback, 6.5" center, 31" width
Flanders I4 (25 degree angle) with 4" straight risers, 0" rise, 6.5" pullback, 9.5" center, 32" width.

The ride position change was barely noticeable. The grip position was almost the same in relation to overall dimensions maybe 1" lower.

You can actually "map" a considered new bar on some graph paper from the side and the top down view. Take into account the rake of the forks in considering riser lengths and the fact that the bars move closer to you as they move higher along that plane (rake angle). You can also try a bent coat hanger or broom stick to simulate the setup change.
Consider how far forward or back from your stock position you want your hands to be and realize this will affect your lower back and potentially passenger comfort. Consider the grip angle you want and the width and realize this will affect your hands, wrists, arms, shoulders and upper back.

I'm using Lick's Cycles super narrow drag bars, and I haven't experienced any discomfort. I ride to work everyday, only driving the car 4 days in the last 3 months. It is a more natural position for me than were the stock bars. However, I'm 5'9" and 150 lbs.

I have since added a LePera bare bones seat and a set of highway pegs. I prefer mid-controls since I'm in stop and go traffic every afternoon.

$44.99 Licks Super Narrow Drag Bar -- Indented - HandleBars - From Licks Custom Cycles

001.jpg

Jon

Back