free website stats program Long Trip Advice | Harley Davidson Forums

Long Trip Advice

Plummie09

My vacation starts August 24, 2015. I have a week. My plan is to start by heading to Milwaukee to the Harley Davidson Museum and see the bronze Fonze then head onto Route 66 for a few days before I have to head back home. Hopefully, I'll make it to Missouri.

What are the most important things to bring along on such a trip? I don't want to forget anything.

Any advice on what to see or where to stay?

Cell phone and charger, HOG/AMA card, sunscreen, prescriptions meds/glasses, cash/credit cards, gear for any weather you may encounter, paper maps, hmmm... can't think of anything else right now.

The good doctor just about has you covered. One thing I would do is pack everything you think you need and then really see if its necessary. I have usually found myself taking too much stuff. Good luck and ride safe!

If you're riding the sporty you'll have limited space but I'd suggest a handful of assorted tools,plastic tie's just in case. The above posts are a must.

Zip lock baggies to keep things dry:D
Insurance card and registration

Drink water all the time, even when you are not thirsty. The first signs of not having enough water in you is achy joints and slower decision making.

I'm getting a little anxious for this trip! I'm going to start watching the weather channel to see what I may run into. Got my rain suit ready to go. I'm writing down all these items you've suggested and making sure to bring them along. I am riding my 1200 with a bag on the back. I'll post some pictures along the way, if I can figure out how to do that. 5 more days....

Back