free website stats program Loctite for drain plugs | Harley Davidson Forums

Loctite for drain plugs

J

Jack Klarich

Loctite 565 Thread Sealant

Top Pick Loctite® 565™ Thread Sealant, controlled strength, is formulated specifically for metal tapered pipe thread fittings. Controlled lubricity prevents galling and protects from rust and corrosion. Loctite 565 replaces most tapes and pipe dopes. Cures rapidly to withstand 10,000 psi. Perfect as a replacement for pre-coated parts. Can be used on fittings up to 2 in. (50 mm) in diameter. CSA 3319-81 and 3319-01. UL MH007(N). NSF/ANSI 61 Certified. ULC-Canada Approved. CFIA Approved.

I LIKE what I read here... I plan to LOCATE the Locktite 565 and Use it on the Needed things LIKE the bottom of the engine (allen drain/inspection Plug) when I check for sumping...

Not done often but I do like to check....

Really would work GOOD on the older Little magnetic pipe plug (1/8) on the Primary drain.
That was a real challenge to get snug enough and NOT go too deep (1/8th out to flush Max) or Enlarging the Pipe threaded hole. That taper on a 1/8 pipe plug is not Much.. Usually gone at 2ond time drained... Even by the best.

Thanks Jack, GOOD Information...

signed....BUBBIE

81WZSD4OsyL._SL1500_.jpg

This is in my garage now, available at all auto parts stores, just a bit on the threads, I use it on house plumbing jobs also:D

Old Thread BUT lot of good information in it...

Brian, I like your Choice for the Loctite #243 IF #242 is used by mistake, Oil Plugs can come loose on their own BUT Not so much with #243 Loctite...

#243 allows Removal but No Leaking or coming out on their own

Loctite 243 is for parts that may have some lubricant on them and 242 is for clean parts.

signed....BUBBIE

May be an old thread but the information is still relevant and I still have some 243 in the bike shed and it is still working for me :)

Brian

Back