free website stats program lock on sissy bar stuck | Harley Davidson Forums

lock on sissy bar stuck

Spike4565

I have a FXST with detachable sissy bar that has a lock on one side. The lock is froze and key won't go in but a little. Anyone have any recommendations? I have tried penetrating oil and also tried tapping it in. Thank you.

The barrel ignition switch on my Dyna did that. The problem was the dogs in the switch got out of sync. with the tab on the key. I filed the tab off, and fiddled around with it, and finally got it to release. Of course the key wouldn't stay in the ign. by itself any more, but that's not a problem with your docking.

Not sure how it works or is mounted but what about a little heat?

I don't have the locks on my detachables but the release button is hard to push if mechanism isn't turned to correct position. Not sure if it helps you but worth a try.

I am just scrolling this forum and this thread is shown. Recently, my brother ordered a sissy bar bag for his cruiser bike from VB, and man they are too good. I wish I could tell you before but man, this fulfills all your requirements you can also try their saddle bags.

I am just scrolling this forum and this thread is shown. Recently, my brother ordered a sissy bar bag for his cruiser bike from VB, and man they are too good. I wish I could tell you before but man, this fulfills all your requirements you can also try their saddle bags.
Hi Alan, you are right, I'm also using Viking Bag's this sissybar and the quality of this sissy bar is really good.

Back