free website stats program Location & rubber O-Rings.... | Harley Davidson Forums

Location & rubber O-Rings....

risuperglide

I have a 2010 FXDC, I bought some Spectro-6 Speed Syn for the tranny & Mobil-1 V-Twin 20w-50 for the already broken in 1400mi Twin Cam 96. Two questions...
1. Does the tranny drain bolt have a rubber 0-Ring gasket?
2. I'm assuming the "Big Bolt", in the center of the drain pan is for the transmission drain correct?
Ok 3 questions....(LOL)
3. Is the other drain bolt with the allen type head towards the front the oil drain plug bolt?.....
Thanks in advance!...........:bigsmiley23:
I want to get it right before I switch out the fluids.....

I have a 2010 FXDC, I bought some Spectro-6 Speed Syn for the tranny & Mobil-1 V-Twin 20w-50 for the already broken in 1400mi Twin Cam 96. Two questions...
1. Does the tranny drain bolt have a rubber 0-Ring gasket?
2. I'm assuming the "Big Bolt", in the center of the drain pan is for the transmission drain correct?
Ok 3 questions....(LOL)
3. Is the other drain bolt with the allen type head towards the front the oil drain plug bolt?.....
Thanks in advance!...........:bigsmiley23:
I want to get it right before I switch out the fluids.....

The drain plug for the engine oil is on the left side of the bike, not to be confused with the primary drain plug. The tranny plug is on the right side of the bike, it should be straight up behind the frame rail. They both use the same type O ring. Do not remove any allen style plugs. If you have am Owners manual look at it:s

Back