free website stats program Location of Narrow Band O2 Sensors on 2010 Models | Harley Davidson Forums

Location of Narrow Band O2 Sensors on 2010 Models

Fatboy 07

Does anyone on the forum know why HD has changed the location of the O2 sensors on the touring models of the 2010 models. In the past, I was under the impression (via various reading literature) that the location of the O2 sensors from the exhaust valves was critical.

I recall reading that if you had an exhaust system that did not have the O2 bungs installed that you could weld them in, but the location from the exhaust valves was critical - i.e. very close to were the exhaust system attached to the head.

The current location that I observed today at the HD store on the Touring models was on the horizontal section of the pipes directly down from the seat, which is a considerable distance from the heads.

Would you know if the O2 that they now install is a 4 wire Heated O2 sensor.

Non heated (2) wire o2 sensors are usually installed close to the head so they will get up to temp quickly so the ECM can go closed loop sooner.

they are right about where the sixspeed logo is on the trans believe that where they were .. also a lot smaller than the 07-09 models

Thanks guys, I knew you would be able to provide some knowledgeable information on this. Awesome and timely responses as well.

Thanks again, and to all, have a very Merry (and safe) Christmas!!

Roger

Back