free website stats program Load Equalizers | Harley Davidson Forums

Load Equalizers

sssnake

Adding load equalizers to the wifes bike due to changing over to LED tail and signals. The rear hot wires and ground is easy. Trying to figure the front end is different. The front has the head light, passing lights and signal lights. Most things I find say both signals have a black which is the ground, but one has a brown hot and a violet hot. Well, the harness coming from the front end has the black (ground) but, there are two browns and two violets along with others..which is which?

when i did mine i only put one equalizer per side, not for the front and back. things work just fine

Yea, I already have the equalizers, the back is completed since it was easy to trace....the front is a different animal unless I start removing things...which I dont want to do.....Oh Bodeen, thanks for the welcome!!

Adding load equalizers to the wifes bike due to changing over to LED tail and signals. The rear hot wires and ground is easy. Trying to figure the front end is different. The front has the head light, passing lights and signal lights. Most things I find say both signals have a black which is the ground, but one has a brown hot and a violet hot. Well, the harness coming from the front end has the black (ground) but, there are two browns and two violets along with others..which is which?

Welcome to The Forum, you did not say what brand you used Motorcycle Load Equalizer I dont know if this will help if not try contacting the manufacturer for instructions

" On my 07 Dyna " the brown and/or the violet is the turn signal wires. The blue is the passing lights and the black is ground. Coming up the frame backbone on the harness side the middle wire is brown for both signal feeds. But on the side of the AMP connector heading out the neck, it (the middle wire) changes to brown for one side and violet for the other.

Another give away on their location (at least on mine) is the 3 wires leaving out of the neck to the signal bullets are the 3 wire AMP connectors. " On mine " it's a black AMP for the right and a whilte AMP for the left.

OH Excuse me all to pieces, I don't have big passing lights like your streetglide. You should be able to find the wires in a diagram though. If you don't have a manual look on this forum for wiring diagrams. You need a manual though.

Back