free website stats program Little Sturgis | Harley Davidson Forums

Little Sturgis

Got an email from Razorbike saying that little sturgis was cancelled for 2011. Wanted to post so people could check for themselves before it gets here.

I just Googled it and came up with the web site Sturgis Ky. July 14th thru the 17th. Seems to be happening.

:D

Had it on the local news last night that Little Sturgis in KY has been Cancelled for this year. Had to do with economy and there seems to be a law suit against them for the name infringement. They went from 24,000 bikers to 9,000 last year. Those numbers seemed high but that is what was said on the news. Local people are sadden about it cause some rely on the income for that weekend.

Little Sturgis Ky cancelled

I just found out that the annual event in Little Sturgis Ky has been cancelled. They claim attendance was down to 9,000 in 2010, and they lost money. With a $40 per head, and an increase in the charges for camping, maybe they found out how much people are willing to pay to attend an event. It will be missed by those that attended it every year.

Re: Little Sturgis Ky cancelled

Maybe so... I saw a show on T.V. about that Rally.. looked like a lot of fun, if your into those big rallys.... also looked like the cops where hasseling a lot of people too....trying to make all their money in that weekend ? :(

Re: Little Sturgis Ky cancelled

Actually, the cops do not come on the grounds, and you can do pretty much anything you want to do while there:drunk. The cops set up roadblocks at night to catch those that party too hard, and then get out on the road.:newsmile055:

Back