free website stats program Lithium Ion Batteries | Harley Davidson Forums

Lithium Ion Batteries

jbabk

Contributor
:small3d011::)I am thinking about buying a Shorai 12 volt Lithium ION Battery. Has anyone heard anything about these batteries (Good or Bad)? I am installing it on a 2007 Roadking.

If this is the wrong place to post this, please let me know.

Joe B

Thanks Jack for the reply. I did read the article you mentioned but it still has me somewhat confused. I have the colored accent lights on my bike and if I leave them on for an hour or so the bike doesn't always start. Luckily someone always around to jump the batteries. I was trying to find out if the Lithium battery would be good for this application or not? I can't seem to generate any interest other then yourself about these batteries. Maybe because there too new?

Oh I also forgot to mention that this is a Lithium Iron battery not a Lithium Ion plus I emailed Shorai with the same question and they haven't responded yet.

Thanks Jack for the reply. I did read the article you mentioned but it still has me somewhat confused. I have the colored accent lights on my bike and if I leave them on for an hour or so the bike doesn't always start. Luckily someone always around to jump the batteries. I was trying to find out if the Lithium battery would be good for this application or not? I can't seem to generate any interest other then yourself about these batteries. Maybe because there too new?

Oh I also forgot to mention that this is a Lithium Iron battery not a Lithium Ion plus I emailed Shorai with the same question and they haven't responded yet.

I am interested in this, as we get older we are less likely to change our ways of thinking, may be why this battery has not caught on yet? Please do post any new info you can get:s

"Are the LFP batteries worth nearly 4 times as much as the BikeMaster lead-acid battery?"

Well that makes my answer on the subject a no brainer. 4 times the price of a lead/acid battery??????!!!!!!! Are you crazy??!! Why would I ever pay 4 times the cost when I already have a cheap, reliable, time proven technology? Really.

Change simply for change sake has never really interested me. To replace something, I expect longer life or better performance or cost savings. I cannot find where this new type of battery last longer on the bike only that it has a great shelf life. It does appear that it has stronger cranking properties. I think I will wait untill there is more info.

Back