free website stats program LinBar | Harley Davidson Forums

LinBar

Sadist112

Has anyone had experience with a Linbar on a Street Glide? I am looking at getting one, hoping to use it as a highway foot holder as well. I am 5'10" not sure if anyone that height has tried one out to see if they could reach?

Also how is the strength of the bar similar too or better than the stock crash bar?

I have one on my Sporty and love it. It's at least as strong as the HD crash bar. The reach is great. Of course, how that translates to you and your bike is another thing...

BTW, check out the Kuryakyn bar. It has fold out pegs that give you yet another option.

Not sure of the part number but HD makes an adjustable highway peg holder/bracket that goes right on the stock engine guard and supposedly adjusts to folks of many different inseams.

I have one on my Sporty and love it. It's at least as strong as the HD crash bar. The reach is great. Of course, how that translates to you and your bike is another thing...

BTW, check out the Kuryakyn bar. It has fold out pegs that give you yet another option.

Thanks for the info.

PS: I will never buy another Kuryakyn part ever. The chrome on kuryakyn parts is absolute crap. Every footpeg, grip, etc I have ever owned has pitted and I always keep water off the chrome and it never fails. The stock parts looks great and the kuryakyn parts always look like crap, just my opinion. Beside Lindy offers the same thing on their Multi-bar I think?

I've used a lot of Kuryakyn parts and never had a problem with any. I find the finish is actually better than a lot of the HD parts.

Maybe it's the air where you live, are you near any salt water?

Nope, i dunno what the problem is. I have purchased used parts off of ebay as well and they all have the same brown dots (which looks like pitting) and no matter what you do it doesn't go away. Case in point I just sold my M/C highway bars and kuryakyn pegs on ebay last week for my old bike. They were put on at the same time. About 3000 miles and the M/C highway bars looked brand new and the pegs already had those brown dots in between the rubber.

The hypercharger and mirrors I had on my last bike was fine maybe it is just the moisture in the air collecting in between the rubber on the foot pegs and grips. Either way, I am staying away from any foot pegs or grips because of that. I do go to the Jersey shore a lot but always rinse my bike down and cover it as night but who knows. The M/C highway bars were on my bike when it was down in Jersey all of July.

Could be the salt in the air near the ocean. I've seen bikes that were housed near salt water that looked real old and were only a few years old. Some had peeling chrome too.

Back