free website stats program limited vision on "fairinged" bikes? | Harley Davidson Forums

limited vision on "fairinged" bikes?

Drew

Whenever I sit on a SG or RG, the fairing seems that it could obstruct one's vision to some extent. I know that you are supposed to look 12 seconds ahead, and all that, so that the road more directly in front of the bike that is blocked by the fairing shouldn't matter. But, at the least, it seems as if it would take some getting used to.

comments, opinions on this?

regards,
Drew

If as you point out, a fairing "makes" one ride looking 12 seconds out in front and/or makes one "aim high in steering", well then, great.

My RG Fairing has a short blacked out plastic windscreen / spoiler where the windshield used to be before I decided to look cool. So I guess I'm looking about 14 seconds ahead. But I am 6'2''. So I really don't know what time it is........Ha ha, you get used to it for sure.

I had those same concerns when I went from a shield to a fairing. It didn't take long to get used to the fairing, and I'm not sure now that I would want to go back. The way one person put it that I still remember: If it's close enough for the fairing to block your view, it's too late to do anything about it.

Plus, it's awfully nice having your gauges up where you can see them easy, and the tunes make the rides even more enjoyable.

Totally agree with the comments so far. Fairing is not a big deal, should always be looking way ahead and if it's to close for the fairing to block your view, good luck.

hey guys new to the forum and also my first bike and first harley, i have a 2007 dyna super glide i am trying to find a batwing style fairing, was wondering if anyone had any help, thanks

Went from a shield to a fairing. Like the fairing better for blocking the wind. Plus on chilly days my hands are protected from the wind (SG). And like someone said earlier, nice to have the tunes on a long ride. You get used to the fairing after about 1 mile and with the shorty (6.5") windshield, my view is unobstructed but the oncoming wind sails over my head.

Back