free website stats program Lights dim a little while idling | Harley Davidson Forums

Lights dim a little while idling

wolfheads

Anyone have some input on why the lights dim a little when the bike's at idle? I have a 2000 dyna and I've been noticing the lights diming a bit when I apply the brakes and when it's at idle. Bring up the RPMS a little and they brighten back up.

Thanks

A little more info will be helpful. How old is the battery? have you checked the battery cables at both ends to make sure they are clean and tight?

I would check the volts with the battery disconnected. Might just be worn out. If iim not mistaken it should read 12.7Volts with nothing connected to the battery.

If the idle is adjusted to low could also cause what you describe.

I ride an 2003 ultra and took time to clean battery terminals and all ground connection plus the positive connects to the battery. made a big difference in cranking and idling for mine.
can someone tell me what the small terminal is in the battery compartment that is about 3/4 x1 1/4 inches and one terminal has 1 wire and the other has two wires on it is. these conections were beginning to turn green so i removed and cleaned also.

Back