free website stats program Lifts for maintenance | Harley Davidson Forums

Lifts for maintenance

CRCKR

I've searched, probably using the wrong terms, for posts about lifts we can use for our maintenance tasks. Anything come to mind under $200 that will allow safe wrenching 1.5 feet up is all I need. I'm too broke to have a house with a garage so it has to be able to be popped into a truck and popped back out on some level surface.
Thanks

Harbor Freight has the Pittsburgh lift. Normally $449. But they do come on sale at $199 if you watch for them.Bought mine last year during the Black Friday sale.

I see them used for around 200 fairly often.Face book has a thing called marketplace,I've seen them on there.Just have to make sure it's a sturdy one for heavier bikes.I wouldn't feel safe with one,unless I'd bolted it to the floor.

Home Depot, Steel (Black Widow) and Strongway (Norther Tools) all sell scissor jack lifts for under $200; the Home Depot "Big Red" sells for under $150. None of them will lift 18" though, 15"-16" is the max. Google is your friend.;)

That prolift looks nice! @dolt - the reason I ask here is because not all pictures show if you will be able to get to drain all the fluids on a bike and because people have actual experience with stability, quality of product, etc...

I can place the jack back under the bike and try to get a few pictures to show clearance for draining oils.
But it will be after the 8th of July, the bike is in Vegas.
If you look under the frame you should see a plate that is about 2 1/2 inches wide with the ends flared out, that is the landing point for the rear arm of the jack, the forward arm is about a 10 inch spread. I will recheck the measurement tonight and update this info

Several bike jacks on marketplace for $50.00 each. This is in Pa. So I don't know what's available in your area.

Back