free website stats program Lifters and Pushrods? | Harley Davidson Forums

Lifters and Pushrods?

Pipes17

Hi guys, some advice would be appreciated on this.......I am doing that S&S 106" build on my 08 FLHX (as I stated in another post). I am also doing the S&S 551 EZ Start cams, with the heads being ported and bigger valves and springs added (nothing insane, just a bit larger) and the TTS.....the porter asked me a question today and I was changing lifters and rods if needed....he was going to check out some research on MOCO quality of the lifter and rods but I wanted to ask here if i should or not;

1. Are the 08 HD lifters more than efficient for this build?
2. Are the 08 HD pushrods fine to use as well without going adjustable?

Thanks for any advice guys.....I know I can upgrade as well but I would prefer to keep from spending more money if the HD ones will work just fine.

Thoughts?

Pipes.
(ps; Glider, disregard the spark plug PM I sent you, got it figured out).

I'm in the middle of a build and after months of research, decided to go with stock lifters and S&S adjustables. 551ES cam was one of my final candidates (nice looking cam) but I ended up going with the Woods TW-7H. Good luck with your build. Let us know what you decide and how it turns out.

I just did this exact build minus the head work (Next Winter's project). You can reuse the stockers if you need to with the 551s, but I opted for the SE adjustables and kept the stock tappets. (Lifters) I have an 08 so it's the same engine. Enjoy all that torque you are about to install.....it's a blast, that 106 with those cams really gets it. I am really curious how your head work moves your HP and Torque curves around once you get it built. Are you planning on having it dynoed?? Let us know how it comes out and PM me if you have any questions. Like I said, I just finished this exact build.

Sounds like a good build, I've never had a problem with S/E quick installs, the HD stock lifters are very good quality. If you can run the stock push rods you'll know the adjustment is always good and if you ever need to get in the lower end you can cut them out and go with quick installs then. Good luck on the build, I'm sure it will come out good which ever way you go.

Thanks guys.....I thought I had heard the stock lifters (tappets) were good, but just wanted another few opinions.....and good idea on the pushrods Chopper, I will go with the stocks and if they need to be changed after then that is something a set of chain cutters can fix :)

Back