free website stats program Lifter bleed down | Harley Davidson Forums

Lifter bleed down

ricksterzz

How easy should my push rod turn after bleed down? It has been two hours and I can hardly turn it. I'm top dead center on the exhaust. It is a 2004 FLHT with a 95 big bore.

if the lifter is on the flat of the cam where it should be after bleed down you should be able to turn the push rod..

when you say your on top dead center on the exhuast that not the one your adjusting are you ?

if the lifter is at the bottom of its bore .. i did a set yesterday i didnt bother tdc i looked at lifters..after 20 mins i could start turning the pushrod

then you should be able to turn it when it bleeds down .. you sure you not on the exhuast stroke and have the lifter up on the cam lobe?

No the push rods are seated nicely in the pockets of the rocker arms and lifter pockets. Could they take more than two hours to bleed down?

they shouldnt 30 mins at most.. they are seated but are you sure the lifter is on the flat spot of cam and not on a lobe?

look at the lifter though the hole in tappet block where the push rod goes though it the lifter even with the other one or above it ?

Back