free website stats program Lexan and Glue | Harley Davidson Forums

Lexan and Glue

Ridge

On my new bike there use to be a sticker on the windshield and it was removed and it left glue.

Does any one have any idea how to remove with out hurting or scratching the Lexan windshield .

Thank you Ridge

On my new bike there use to be a sticker on the windshield and it uas removed and it left glue.

Does any one have any idea how to remove with out hurting or scratching the Lexan windshield .

Thank you Ridge

Try WD40

Get you a bottle of goo gone and a soft cloth. the stuff will wipe right off!!!

If you can get it warm enough with a blow dry it should roll right off. Then work on it with the glass cleaner.

Goo gone will work, but not sure about the effects on lexan.

I know a foaming glass cleaner will work, as I used to be in the glass business, and that's how we removed stickers. Spray soak and should wipe off.

I had a "rocket scientist" security guard put one of those orange stickers (that are supposed to go on car windows) on the brand new paint job on my Dyna when I had parked on the sidewalk at the mall. I was very angry at the lack of consideration from the security group there. "Oh well!"

But I did what the previous poster suggested. Soaked a rag in WD40 and put that over the sticker. In just a short time, the sticker, glue et al slid off nicely with nothing left behind!!

TQ

Tried google - remove glue lexan.

There were a few products listed that claim they are safe for lexan. Price range $15-$20.

Okay some good idas I am going to try warm sopy water first and see and look for a peace of Lexan and try chemicals

I just dont want to screw it up

WD40 I was not sure if the Lexan could take it.

Thanks guys

Up date

No luck with soap an warm water or WD40

Maybe warm air will heat the glue enough to remove.
I don't know. Something must work.

Goo gone
I guess Ill go to Walgreens to get Goo gone
Thanks Drake

Woo Hoo
Two thumbs up for goo gone this product worked great
The glue residua is all gone with little effert
My wind shield looks great like new
Thanks to Drake great suggestion....Goo gone
Ridge

Last edited by a moderator:
Back