free website stats program Lenny from New York here. Hello all | Harley Davidson Forums

Lenny from New York here. Hello all

My question people I am looking to trade in my first bike. A Suzuki for a Harley Ironman 883. Just want options on 883. Have bad legs so I’m picking the Ironman because it’s not as heavy as other Harley’s. Anyone else here have that bike and how do you like it

The weight isn't as big a factor as you may think.Sporty's are top heavy.And any one of em you drop is a pain.Think if you really want a 5 speed smallest displacement they make.I'd look more at stretchin my legs,while riding,than weight.Softails aren't much more than a snortster.

Welcome from Spokane Washington.
I would lean towards the Heritage Softail, if they still call them that.
Have you been to the dealer to sit on any to help you decide on what fits you best?

Don't have one, but Welcome to the forum from Gulf Coast AL. You will find all Harley's are somewhat heavy if you have to pick them up. The touring bikes are the heavier of the lot. Have you considered a trike.

had an 883,didn't like the fact that it's a 5 speed.It's top heavy,I don't think any bike is as top heavy as a peanut tank snorty.You can't stretch yer legs.Riding an 883 a couple hundred miles would tear me up pretty good.I have back problems.All I can say is,any other harley will be more comfortable.But it was fun,and I loved it while I had it.

Attachments

• tmpphpyu1Gjt.jpg
    tmpphpyu1Gjt.jpg
    151.8 KB · Views: 3
Back