free website stats program left turn signal | Harley Davidson Forums

left turn signal

philiprd

NEED HELP Left turn signal will not work, but does come on when ignition is turned on. Right signal must be activated to cancel left. Hazards work. Need ideas to repair problem

Are you saying that the running light comes on with the ignition or the signal light (brighter filament) check the bulb and the contacts in the socket for corrosion.

What's the last thing you did to the bike? Anything to do with the lights or bars/switch housings?

The signal light comes on. Did check for corrosion, none. This happened after a 200 mile wet ride. When the ignition is turned on the left signal activates and then must be cancelled by turning on the right. Could this be a short in the switch?

NEED HELP Left turn signal will not work, but does come on when ignition is turned on. Right signal must be activated to cancel left. Hazards work. Need ideas to repair problem

I have this exact problem on my '06 Wide Glide. I took it into Harley and they put 2 hours woth of testing into it. They said the front bulb was getting hot and changed it. $103.00

The ride home was fine but the next time out it was doing it again.:wall I'll be taking it back into them next Wed. to spend some more money trying to figure it out.

Nick

I had the bike bak in the shop yesterday ans they replaced the turn signal switch. 40 miles later and no issue so far.

As for the warr. It ran out last november but the dealer was able to get HD to cover it since the dealer missed it the forst time around.

I'll let ya know if it starts acting up again.

Back