free website stats program Left Directional not working | Harley Davidson Forums

Left Directional not working

Mango

have about 1000miles on my 2010 wide glide, today, the directionals began acting strange. i noticed that the left wasnt working, and then a couple of minutes later it (turn signal indicator on dash) began flashing, then the right. Then they left stopped working all together. Any help would be appreciated

Best bet is take it to the dealer and let them have the headaches.

It could be a wiring problem or a TSSM/TSM going bad.

i appreciate the guidence. i checked out the self-help section and the TSS/TSSM codes and actaully got the lights blinking, but i couldnt keep up with the counts...so i just cleared the codes and hoped for the best. And the left directioanl worked....for awhile anyway. As i was out for a run, the left directional began blinking as i was riding down the road. I hit the left button, but nothing, hit the right button and then then the left and it stopped blinking. Got home and tried to bring up the TSSM codes again, but no joy this time...but when i went to restart the bike, directioanl working again...no clue whats up. I have a appt next week to drop off the bike for the 1000 mile work up. also checked the DTC codes--none logged there.

this first started when i was in a super tuner smart tune data collection. Is there any connection between ECM and the TSSM?

Mango,
I had the same problem with my RK a while back.Got 6 flashes real fast.Thought I had a pinched wire...check all of your fuses.The accesory fuse was blown.Good luck.

Back