free website stats program LED rear dogeye puck installation. | Harley Davidson Forums

LED rear dogeye puck installation.

rcwheelman

I recently purchased a set of dogeye pucks led turn signals for my 09 softail. I was told by numerous people and also have read that installed LED turn signals requires you to install some type of relay or additional component to make the signals work correctly. When I went to HD to ask them for what I needed the parts guy told me not to install them, that it voids the electrical warrenty on my bike and usually causes major problems when going outside the stock bulbs.

Can anyone shed some light on this for me? I'd like to get the rear of the bike as noticable and bright as I can. And the LEDs are far brighter than the stock bulbs.

I've already aquired the run/turn/brake module and the tribar led tailight. the LEDs will be added peace of mind for me.

Thanks

I do know it will not void your warranty. What is being talked about is a "load equalizer" sometimes need with the leds. Not sure about yours. Others will chime in with more info.

I recently purchased a set of dogeye pucks led turn signals for my 09 softail. I was told by numerous people and also have read that installed LED turn signals requires you to install some type of relay or additional component to make the signals work correctly. When I went to HD to ask them for what I needed the parts guy told me not to install them, that it voids the electrical warrenty on my bike and usually causes major problems when going outside the stock bulbs.

Can anyone shed some light on this for me? I'd like to get the rear of the bike as noticable and bright as I can. And the LEDs are far brighter than the stock bulbs.

I've already aquired the run/turn/brake module and the tribar led tailight. the LEDs will be added peace of mind for me.

Thanks

rcwheelman; for the LED signals. depends on who manufactured b/c some have integrated load balance & some have modules. Can you go back to where you purchased & ask/check? Seems like you've got a complete set (tail/tribar/signals) & just need to ensure the signals "plug & play" or wire into existing w/controller. Best to get everything from the same manufacturer.

Also, don't listen to your HD rep - he probably just wanted to sell their version (HD carries LED's too). As long as you've properly wired the lights, you should have no problem. IMO, the only way they'd void your warranty is if HD traces a problem directly linked to this LED wiring - which would be extremely rare if you follow guidance/instruction. You should ask this same dealer/HD rep if they'll void your engine warranty b/c you installed after-marked pipes...:s

I

Thanks

By chance does the website of the manufacture have a downloadable installation manual? I would be Happy to review it and tell you of any pre-cautions you need to take. I already have the schematics for your '09 so we are 1/2 way there. Hook me up with a link if you can.

Ok cool so basically I can install them just get a load equalizer and have them prossionally installed?
Btw the dogeye pucks were purchased through Radiantz.com and the run/turn/brake module and led tribar tail light from HD.
The turn signals fit directly into the stock housing. But have to be hardwired do to the inner led brake light and outer ring turn signal.
WAP.gif

By chance does the website of the manufacture have a downloadable installation manual? I would be Happy to review it and tell you of any pre-cautions you need to take. I already have the schematics for your '09 so we are 1/2 way there. Hook me up with a link if you can.

Hoople heres the link to the website I purchased the pucks from.
I'm looking now for a manual.

Any ideas on what load equalizer I should get, and from where would help greatly as well. :)

Radiantz LED Lighting - Toll Free 877-469-4241\

I cant seem to find a manual on their site. :(

Qty: 1 2 3 4 Choose cluster style Universal Style Bullet Style HD Flat Style

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dogeyes are a two color turn signal. The outside ring of the cluster light up amber for a turn signal and the rest of the LEDs are setup to as a running/brake light.

The outside amber color has a 1156 base attached for a quick easy installation and the center red LEDs are installed by hardwiring them in.

Choose the style that is needed

dogeye-puck.jpg

Looks to be only LED array probably wired to internal PWB and considering 19 (0.8V drop each...typical single diode drop, series wired with protection ckts probably means you will need a "Load Equalizer" module to emulate the standard filiment turn signal bulb load your TSS/TSSM & ECM units on your bike is set up for.

dogeye-puck.jpg

Looks to be only LED array probably wired to internal PWB and considering 19 (0.8V drop each...typical single diode drop, series wired with protection ckts probably means you will need a "Load Equalizer" module to emulate the standard filiment turn signal bulb load your TSS/TSSM & ECM units on your bike is set up for.

ok English now. :)

Back