free website stats program led lights | Harley Davidson Forums

led lights

Cliff 02

Hooked up some led lights on bike today, the lights work sometimes but not all the time. Anyone ever had this problem.
WAP.gif

What brand lights did you install? You might try a wiggle test on the leads going to the lights, maybe a broken wire inside the plastic housing or a bad connection?

Can you elaborate a bit on what's happening. When you say not working all the time...how often & how are they not working (i.e. come on 1/2 the time, flicker off/on, come one when wires are wiggled, etc.). Wiring's tricky & need a tad more info...

Can you elaborate a bit on what's happening. When you say not working all the time...how often & how are they not working (i.e. come on 1/2 the time, flicker off/on, come one when wires are wiggled, etc.). Wiring's tricky & need a tad more info...

Lights worked,then installed this device that's supposed to be able to pick up sound from pipes and you can set lights to blink by rpms are you can set them to just be on, but then put seat and side covers and saddlebags on then nothing.
WAP.gif

Sounds like it has to be the device or the install of the device, is it possable you might have pinched or pulled a wire while installing the seat or side covers? Did the device work before you installed seat & covers?

Sounds like it has to be the device or the install of the device, is it possable you might have pinched or pulled a wire while installing the seat or side covers? Did the device work before you installed seat & covers?

Yeah device worked, I rode bike around the block came back turned the lights on and off a few times walked away a few mins came back lights wouldn't come on. I honestly think the problem is in the remote for the box that's supposed to control the lights.
WAP.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Back