free website stats program leather | Harley Davidson Forums

leather

springers97

hey brothers and sisters, I know that there are alot of you out there, so I'm going to ask does anyone know what the warmest leather coat, chaps, and cloves are. I get cold easy and my scoot is my only ride now, I'm not looking forward to this 45 and lower degree weather. thanks

Any thick leather will do...with Gerbing heated vests and gloves!

Or, layers, layers, layers. Insulation = dead air space = layers+windproofing. Make sure the neck and wrists fit tightly and/or use a neck warmer.

Brands don't matter much...fit and thickness do.

Keep your feet warm and dry. I use tech sox. They will wick away moisture. Great socks a little pricey run you about $15 to $29 bucks a pair but you won't regret it.

Or, layers, layers, layers. Insulation = dead air space = layers+windproofing. Make sure the neck and wrists fit tightly and/or use a neck warmer.

agreed :small3d009:

You will chill, cold+wind=much colder. Blocking wind will help so seal air gaps in the coller, wrist and importantly the ankles. I like neopreme gloves in very cold weather, less bulky and snug fitting will trap body head and give full control and in rare cases put an outer glove over them when temps drop into the twenties. Great boots, don't be a cheap monkey butt here, thinsulate and goretex with enough room for thick socks, even two of them one thin one thick outer because cold feet is a cold body. Layers are better on the torso, a down vest over a shirt then your leathers is a good combo. I ride sub freezing temps long as the ride is long enough to get the bike temp up good and find that's the warm formula for me. Atic rule: 60 below with 60 mph winds freezes flesh solid in 60 seconds.

Absolutely! Don't think in terms of just leather. There are other materials that are warmer and protect better, 600 Denier Carbolex® and 600 Denier Ballistic Polyester. Add a quilted liner to it and it stops the wind completely and it's very warm. Look at some of the sites like AlpineStars, Icon, TourMaster/Cortech or Joe Rocket.

I just checked out the Gerbing site for heated gloves.

Is there anyway to control temperature output ?

If I were riding in 40* weather, I want full heat but if I were riding in 60* weather I might just want a little heat .

Back