free website stats program leather vest design | Harley Davidson Forums

leather vest design

bah rk

hello all,

i am working on a new leather vest, I'm putting all the patches and pins from my old one on it, can u guys share with me and post some pics of your work on your vests so i can have some ideas, coz my old one was kind of a mass.

cheers,

hello all,
i am working on a new leather vest, I'm putting all the patches and pins from my old one on it, can u guys share with me and post some pics of your work on your vests so i can have some ideas, coz my old one was kind of a mass.
cheers,
============================================
I don't think I will be any help because I think they are supposed to be a mass/mess!! A pin stuck on the moment you buy it at an event, a patch sewn on (by hand) when you get time. I have two different extenders on the snaps, two different conchos on the side lacing. Yep, mine looks a mess, lots of memories of good rides. The only reason I would think of replacing it was if it was unreparible.

Last edited:
Your vest should be an expression of who you are, not a copy of someone else's. Don't worry if it appears to be a mess or unorganized. If you like it, then that's all that matters.

I know some like to restrict their leather vests to sewn on patches only - no pins. Then they usually have a denim jacket or vest that they put their pins on - just an idea for you. If you're in a club of any sort then they'll have guidelines for what to do with your vest or jacket.

Have fun with it and ride safe!

mines clean and only has my club colours on it and rally patches and important dates

Hobbit, do you have any trouble over there getting into places with your club colors on?

mines a mess too,club colors,pins,patches,extenders and,and,and...main thing,I like it!!

Mate go with the flow and put em where you want em, I am going to make my vest from scratch out of 2mm cow hide, he it might look a bit rough around the edges but its all mine.

Cheers

Johno

Back