free website stats program Leather Altering in Wisconsin? | Harley Davidson Forums

Leather Altering in Wisconsin?

Hey all,

I have a great leather Harley vest that needs to be sized down (it was my stepmom's and is way too big for me). Most places won't do leather alterations because their machines can't handle the leather. I'm in the Milwaukee area and am in need of some direction. Does anyone know someone who will (or can) alter leather? Or...?

Any info would be greatly appreciated (I want this done in time for the 105th!)

Thanks to all,
Big Dale's Daughter

Usually you can find someone at the dealer that sews patches on coats and vests. I'm sure they can do it for you or even a shoemaker is another possibility.

Welcome to the forum. :D

Hey all,

I have a great leather Harley vest that needs to be sized down (it was my stepmom's and is way too big for me). Most places won't do leather alterations because their machines can't handle the leather. I'm in the Milwaukee area and am in need of some direction. Does anyone know someone who will (or can) alter leather? Or...?

Any info would be greatly appreciated (I want this done in time for the 105th!)

Thanks to all,
Big Dale's Daughter

Do not know anything about this outfit but was looking(Google) around for someone to "fix" my wife's chaps here while back and found The Leather Tailor . They are in your area. Like I said I know nothing about them.

Try Seams Sew Perfect on 51st and Howard.

Been using them for years to sew on patches and have been very pleased. I know they do alterations, and since they sew patches on leather I'd bet they could fix ya up. Plus they welcome bikers.

Hey guys:
Thanks for all the great ideas and tips; I successfully found a tailor!

I should be ready for Harley's 105th!

Incidentally, and this is a bit of a shameless plug, but the reason I wanted my leather altered in time for the 105th is because I'm playing with a hard-driving R&B/Blues band called the Indispensable Hiptones on August 31 from 12:30-2:00pm on the Mainstreet Stage in Veteran's Park. Feel free to drop by and say hi!

Back