free website stats program Learning to drive | Harley Davidson Forums

Learning to drive

liquid_wrench

I learned to drive as a young boy with our 1966 Massey Ferguson 135 tractor...that we bought new. I still have and use that very same tractor today. It has the gas continental engine. What car,truck, tractor or whatever... did you learn to drive on.

Harttoo,

I'm not sure,but I think my drivers ed car was a 1976 or 1977 Chevette….boy that's a whole new thread there. lol

I learned in Grandpa's Dodge farm truck, a mid '30's Dodge. I was between 6-10 yrs. old. Learning the clutch was easy on our gravel drive, it would slip the tire rather than stall. He was real nice, he let me drive it to the manure pile and unload it every day, all by myself.

cat A bike test on a honda cb 250 g5 1977
cat B 4 wheels 3/4 ton series 3 landrover i was in the army at the time 1982
cat C leyland truck 1997
cat C+E leyland truck with trailer 1997
cat B bus failed test after having had 2, 2hour lessons couldnt afford more didnt want to drive a bus anyway 1999
Cat H tracked vehicle on fv 432 mk2/1 1983

Brian

Back when I was 14 there was a couple that lived a few blocks down from us, I passed by their place after getting off the school bus and we became friends.
He had a Rambler and he taught me how to drive it.
They were fun to hang out with, his wife was hot, she once was teaching me how to dance, I started being stupid and she showed me what knee to balls meant.

My older brother's Austin Healey Sprite, not sure the year but somewhere around 1962- 1964 on the roads through Waterman canyon in southern CA. top down of course.

With a 1944 ex army jeep in the high desert of northern Arizona. I was 15.

Had drivers training in high school, three kids and an instructor in the car for one class period a day for a week. All told, less than an hour behind the wheel, got the certificate, and was licensed the day after turning 16.

Back