free website stats program Leaking Valve Stems - Aluminum Wheels | Harley Davidson Forums

Leaking Valve Stems - Aluminum Wheels

kahuna

Anyone have any tips for leaking valves on aluminum wheels, with tubeless tires? I have Weld aluminum wheels and the front wheel stem wouldn't stay screwed in and now I just had the rear replaced and 1 week later and the tire is flat. The stem will spin and air is leaking around the bottom. Thanks

Anyone have any tips for leaking valves on aluminum wheels, with tubeless tires? I have Weld aluminum wheels and the front wheel stem wouldn't stay screwed in and now I just had the rear replaced and 1 week later and the tire is flat. The stem will spin and air is leaking around the bottom. Thanks
Just a thought! Argon or nitrogen if it is a really slow leak. I will probably get some feedback but it works!

Should be an o-ring seal around the the valve stem on the inside of the wheel. This may be damaged or just too old to seal effectively anymore. Since it is flat, I suggest getting the wheel off the bike, mark the position of the tire on the rim and tire, and then carefully pry the bead off the rim on one side so you can access the valve stem from the inside.

Now you have a choice: replace the o-ring on the matal valve stem, or just get a cheap rubber replacement and use that. Remount the tire, line it up and fill it with air.

TQ

Back