free website stats program Leak help | Harley Davidson Forums

Leak help

Jdsmitty10

302f5cc2.jpg

Can anyone tell me what's up with this leak on my 07 deuce?? How much should I worry? Will the motor need tore down to fix it?
Thanks

Jon
WAP.gif

Same leak on my 07 Heritage. Looks to me the case will have to be split to repair. Mine don't leak enough to be repaired at this time. Mine has 12k miles. How many does your Deuce have?

I have a similar leak on my '03 UC with over 80K on the clock. But mine is actually leaking from the rocker box on the rear cylinder. You may want to try to get an eyeball (mirror) in there to make sure that your leak is not coming from above. The good part of that would be that it is WAY easier to fix this problem (if that is what it is) then if the oil is leaking from the crankcase somewhere. That would be an odd leak since it would have to be a pressurized oil channel that goes between the two halves. Not sure that exists at that location in the case.

TQ

I will hafta take a closer look. I just assumed it was coming from the spot where it has oil. Maybe it could be dripping down. If it was though, you would think there would be oil splattered somewhere...if it drips while moving.
WAP.gif

Is that leak coming from higher up like maybe the rocker cover?

It's weird. Just rode 80 miles today with no new signs of oil there?!? Doesn't make sense to me. I do not think it's coming from higher up. Don't see any signs of leakage up there.
WAP.gif

Have you checked the breather tubes to make sure they aren't plugged for some unknown reason??? If they are, crankcase pressure would go up. Just a thought.
wilks3
:USA

Back