free website stats program Kuryakyn total control module | Harley Davidson Forums

Kuryakyn total control module

Hello, I have a 2004 Heritage Softail. I'm thinking about putting the Kuryakyn total control module on to keep my passing lams on all the time. Does anyone know where this mounts at? Is there anything I can do to my wiring to get the same effect?

This link is for a Road King. Probably an older vintage, I myself found this link about 5-7 years ago. Not sure about new wiring or if the wiring on yours will be the same. But I'm sure there is a similar way to do it.

Passing Lamp

I have this diagram..I'm just not sure what they mean by "Accessory Switch" where is this located? Where is it that I'm joining into the orange/red? Under the seat? Behind the headlight? I don't really want to remove my tank.

I have this diagram..I'm just not sure what they mean by "Accessory Switch" where is this located? Where is it that I'm joining into the orange/red? Under the seat? Behind the headlight? I don't really want to remove my tank.

The RK has a one switch to the left and one to the right of the fork lock. One is for the passing lamps and one for "future" accessories (it's not hooked up to anything).

All this wiring is in the head light, on a RK anyway.

The accy switch on a RK is hooked up to the accy plug under the seat in front of the battery. With the proper adapter you can use the switch to turn on and accy's....

Passing lamps on all the time may not be real popular with your riding buddies at night. When riding in a group at night, passing lamps can be too bright IMO.

The Heritage is a little different. I don't have the second switch on the other side. The Heritage only has one switch which controls the on/off of the passing lamps. If I'm reading this schematic correctly, I already have a "Keyed" power source I ran for my fairing stereo. If I split that lead and run it to the "yellow" wire on the passing lamps, that should do the trick. I can just tape off the existing yellow wire just in case I want to go back to the stock set up. This shouldn't be to difficult. Bodeen I can see what your saying about being to bright. About 95% of my riding is me with my girlfriend following on her Dyna. I just want the front of my bike to be a little brighter. when the high beams are on the front 5-6 feet of road is dark!. I re-adjusted my passing lamps and aimed them slightly down to hopefully fix this issue.

I like the three position switch idea, on/off/on. One on position wired the same as stock & the other on position on all the time.

Done!!!! I just used another "keyed" power wire, swapped the input of the switch and all works great. Took her for a ride. Little cold here in Ohio but I couldn't resist a ride. It just got me stoked up for the season now!! Thanks for the help folks, I really appreciate it!!!

Done!!!! I just used another "keyed" power wire, swapped the input of the switch and all works great. Took her for a ride. Little cold here in Ohio but I couldn't resist a ride. It just got me stoked up for the season now!! Thanks for the help folks, I really appreciate it!!!

Good Deal!
Had mine out a some this weekend also. Still on the cold side tho :D

Back