free website stats program Kuryakyn Scareb Air Cleaner | Harley Davidson Forums

Kuryakyn Scareb Air Cleaner

Wrangler

Seen a few folks running a similar set-up that I have with similar problems I was having so thought I would pass this on as a possible money saver and fix.

Few weeks back I put Vance & Hines Shortshots Staggerred Black, Fuel Pak and the K&N Air Filter kit RK-3909 on my 2007 Street Bob wanting to keep the stock look. But with this setup I was experiencing some major back fire, drag and hesitation until the bike got warmed up. Usually within the first 30 minutes. Backfire never went away and was ridiculous. Sounded like a 50 cal. going off.:p

Had a couple friends that suggested a Super Sucker or something similar to get more air. Cost for everything would have been between $250 to $300 to make this change and I would have wasted what I already invested.

But I seen this Scareb cover by Kuryakyn with grilled openings. Basically shaped just like my stock cover. See the attached link.

Kryakyn - Harley - Scarabâ„¢ Air Cleaner Covers

Ebay had it for $64. So due to money being tight I gave it a shot. Man what a difference. Drag and hesitation are gone. Very low backfire only on decel in 4th.

Just thought I would pass that on. Take it easy.....Laterz

Seen a few folks running a similar set-up that I have with similar problems I was having so thought I would pass this on as a possible money saver and fix.

Few weeks back I put Vance & Hines Shortshots Staggerred Black, Fuel Pak and the K&N Air Filter kit RK-3909 on my 2007 Street Bob wanting to keep the stock look. But with this setup I was experiencing some major back fire, drag and hesitation until the bike got warmed up. Usually within the first 30 minutes. Backfire never went away and was ridiculous. Sounded like a 50 cal. going off.:p

Had a couple friends that suggested a Super Sucker or something similar to get more air. Cost for everything would have been between $250 to $300 to make this change and I would have wasted what I already invested.

But I seen this Scareb cover by Kuryakyn with grilled openings. Basically shaped just like my stock cover. See the attached link.

Kryakyn - Harley - Scarabâ„¢ Air Cleaner Covers

Ebay had it for $64. So due to money being tight I gave it a shot. Man what a difference. Drag and hesitation are gone. Very low backfire only on decel in 4th.

Just thought I would pass that on. Take it easy.....Laterz

Glad it worked out for you and looks trick as well...

tn183s3.jpg

Back