free website stats program Kuryakyn Pod II Issues - BEWARE | Harley Davidson Forums

Kuryakyn Pod II Issues - BEWARE

jmafisher

I saw the Kuryakyn Pod II and thought it would be a great thing for my Road King Classic. I ordered it from Xtreme Revolution in June, and just got it last week. Installation was relatively easy and it looks great; however, the wires are reversed on the 12V accessory port. I burned out two chargers before I discovered the issue. I called both Xtreme Revolution and Kuryakyn on Sunday and so far have gotten the run-around. They said they will ship a new one, but won't reimburse me for the burned out chargers and won't just ship the defective wiring. I don't really have the extra time and energy to uninstall the whole product, package it up, send it back and then wait another 4 months to get a replacement when I could just replace the last foot of wiring.

On Thursday I finally found out from Kuryakyn that their entire first run of the product was wired incorrectly, so if you purchased a Pod II, before you install it, remove the screws from the accessory port, take it out and see if it is wired incorrectly. The one I have has the red wire going on the outside connector and the black wire going on the center post connector (THIS IS REVERSED FROM WHAT IT SHOULD BE).

BEWARE!! INSTALLING THIS PRODUCT COULD DAMAGE YOUR BIKE'S ELECTRICAL SYSTEM AND WILL BURN OUT ANYTHING PLUGGED INTO IT.

I'm still waiting on Kuryakyn and have given up expecting any resolution from Xtreme Revolution. Buyer Beware

I bought the panacea taillight and turn signals for my 08 ultra, got it all hooked up push left turn signal right signal flashed and visa versa. Contacted kuryakyn tech person, he told me they had had trouble with the wiring on the run turn controller. Guess where it is made, China!!! Need I say more.

Dam. I ordered one of these and after waiting 3 months gave up and got my money refunded. My Dealer didn't either know or neglected to tell me there was no release date for it yet. I ended up gathering up some parts and installing my own for about $15and it looks and works great.

I bought the panacea taillight and turn signals for my 08 ultra, got it all hooked up push left turn signal right signal flashed and visa versa. Contacted kuryakyn tech person, he told me they had had trouble with the wiring on the run turn controller. Guess where it is made, China!!! Need I say more.

Farmboy..did you ever get them to work. I installed mine and I love the way they work....only thing I had to do was move some other lights I connected to my Tour Pak...and plug for my trailer lights they had to be moved upstream of the the wiring for the Panacea Tail light and directional light system and of course wire in a load equalizer. Good luck to you.

Yes I got them to work after sending back the bad controller and waiting 2 weeks for kuryakyn to get the correct controller to J P Cycles to ship to me.

Slick-02, that sounds like what I should have done. Do you have pictures of how you got it hooked up?
Thanks,

Back