free website stats program Kuryakyn LED Lights | Harley Davidson Forums

Kuryakyn LED Lights

artfuentes

I installed the Kuryakyn Phase 7 headlight and passing lamps on my 2010 FLHTK yesterday. Just wanted to give my observations. First, the install was very simple..all plug and play. Second, took the bike out last night and wow..what a difference! The light is a white light vs. the yellow stock lights from Harley. These lights really light up the road, and the passing lamps give a great wide band which lights up the sides of the road. These lights do not give the "straight line beam" the the original led's were known for, these lights give a nice wide band that light up the turns nicely. I have absolutely no complaints and all praise.

My buddy has the Harley led "day maker" lights and I see no difference. He paid over $800 for his set, I paid $438.00 off EBay.

Finally, I rode a good mix of roads and traffic conditions last night, the roads were lit bright, and got no high-beam flashes from oncoming cars.

So far I'm a very happy rider!

Hope this helps!

I installed the Kuryakyn Phase 7 headlight and passing lamps on my 2010 FLHTK yesterday. Just wanted to give my observations. First, the install was very simple..all plug and play. Second, took the bike out last night and wow..what a difference! The light is a white light vs. the yellow stock lights from Harley. These lights really light up the road, and the passing lamps give a great wide band which lights up the sides of the road. These lights do not give the "straight line beam" the the original led's were known for, these lights give a nice wide band that light up the turns nicely. I have absolutely no complaints and all praise.

My buddy has the Harley led "day maker" lights and I see no difference. He paid over $800 for his set, I paid $438.00 off EBay.

Finally, I rode a good mix of roads and traffic conditions last night, the roads were lit bright, and got no high-beam flashes from oncoming cars.

Hope this helps!

Thanks for the input. I have been looking at the Harley Daymaker for the RG and I will have to check to see if they have the twins for it.

I don't post much at all,but I do like to read up once in awhile.I also liked the LED headlight,but didn't want to spent big$$$.In a Thunder Press was a article about LEDs.Truckalite and J.W. Speaker make the headlights.There are two different ways the beam is focused,reflected(think lighthouse)and projected.H-D goes with the projected style,which is made by JW Speaker.If you do some research you can locate them from a Off Road(4x4) parts house alot cheaper than a HD dealer sells them for.And it's really ez to install.

I'll also add that the J.W. Speaker product, be it from HD or other source is a USA made product. The others are not USA made and contributes to their price difference.

I'll also add that the J.W. Speaker product, be it from HD or other source is a USA made product. The others are not USA made and contributes to their price difference.

I was a bit surprised when I read this as I try and buy American made as much as possible. Truck-lite has four manufacturing facilities in the USA, and their home office is a 150,000 sq. ft. R&D/Manufacturing facility located in New York. While they are a global company, the biggest facility and home office is in the USA, and they have more facilities in the USA than any other country.

Having said this I don't know where they originated, but they obviously do manufacture in the USA. Now I love my Harley and I bought it for many reasons, but the fact that they are a USA icon was a big factor. Having said that don't kid yourself if you think everything on your Harley is American made, a close look and you will see many parts of our bikes are manufactured outside of the USA. I don't like it, but it's a fact. I'm not trying to start an argument here, just saying I support USA made as much as possible, heck I was a civil servant for over thirty years and made many sacrifices for the betterment of the USA, but that's a different story, I guess this post just got under my skin a bit...sorry if I ranted.

Hope this helps!

379.90 on EBAY :D

Truck Lite 7 LED Headlight Drive Light Set Harley Davidson Touring | eBay

I was a bit surprised when I read this as I try and buy American made as much as possible. Truck-lite has four manufacturing facilities in the USA, and their home office is a 150,000 sq. ft. R&D/Manufacturing facility located in New York. While they are a global company, the biggest facility and home office is in the USA, and they have more facilities in the USA than any other country.

Having said this I don't know where they originated, but they obviously do manufacture in the USA. Now I love my Harley and I bought it for many reasons, but the fact that they are a USA icon was a big factor. Having said that don't kid yourself if you think everything on your Harley is American made, a close look and you will see many parts of our bikes are manufactured outside of the USA. I don't like it, but it's a fact. I'm not trying to start an argument here, just saying I support USA made as much as possible, heck I was a civil servant for over thirty years and made many sacrifices for the betterment of the USA, but that's a different story, I guess this post just got under my skin a bit...sorry if I ranted.

No intention of starting any argument. Just pointing out that the price difference may be related to its origin. I am more than aware that my HD has a bunch of offshore parts on it. More now than when mine was made. However, when I replace or add anything to it. I try and source USA parts every single time. I dont mind paying the extra for it. if it keeps my family, friends and neighbors employed. Its money well spent IMO and most of the time the quality is very evident. Like one of our great past members used to say "your ride, you decide".

Sorry if it offended you.

No intention of starting any argument. Just pointing out that the price difference may be related to its origin. I am more than aware that my HD has a bunch of offshore parts on it. More now than when mine was made. However, when I replace or add anything to it. I try and source USA parts every single time. I dont mind paying the extra for it. if it keeps my family, friends and neighbors employed. Its money well spent IMO and most of the time the quality is very evident. Like one of our great past members used to say "your ride, you decide".

Sorry if it offended you.

Bodeen, Thank you, no offense, and sorry if my ranting sounded like I was offended. I am extremely patriotic (USA Tat's and all...lol) and I probably was more upset with myself than anything else and I came off wrong. Thank you for the reminder that we should support USA made products as often as possible.:USA

I follow many of your post's and have always thought highly of your knowledge and input. Thanks for your post's, past and future, I look forward to reading them!

Back