free website stats program KURYAKYN LED COMPARED To the BAL LED TAILIGHT? | Harley Davidson Forums

KURYAKYN LED COMPARED To the BAL LED TAILIGHT?

lionsm53

Banned
Does anyone have any knowledge of these products and have any biases, one way or the other?
Thinking about upgrading the one on my glide.
Your opinion is appreciated.
BAL's are nice and have the module on them and are bright as all get out, where the Kuryakyn is just bright with no module in them.
BAL's are also quite expensive, as in $200 compared to Kuryakyn's $125.

A friend just bought one after going on a large group ride. He said the BAL was much brighter than the Harley LED, and stood out from all the other brake/tailights. He did not specifically mention the Kuryakyn. HTH.

I have no experience with either one but I noticed this right away.

"MADE & SUPPORTED in the USA!"

That would sway my decision for sure. Worth the extra $$

My .02

Bodeen

not trying to invoke a discussion on import vs american. I'm just sayin.

Not sure what your looking for but I have the Panacea system on mine. Was very easy to install with a very basic knowledge of wiring and being sure your LEDS are wired downstream of the other lights like i have in my Tour Pak...with the system a new fender tail light module is also provided.

YouTube - Kuryakyn leds Panacea system

I have the Panacea system as well. Easy to install. VERY visible. I have it set to flash while braking, and I also added a Wheelen LED bar on my tour pack. I also replaced my front signals with LED's. I feel that it is a solid investment for visibility and safety.

I had the Kuryakyn smoked lense on my RK and in had to get rid of it. No one could see the brake light in the day light.

I switched to the HD LED smoked lense and no one has any trouble seeing the tail light or brake light now. The HD light wasn't too expensive either.

I have the Panacea system as well. Easy to install. VERY visible. I have it set to flash while braking, and I also added a Wheelen LED bar on my tour pack. I also replaced my front signals with LED's. I feel that it is a solid investment for visibility and safety.

TBG,

Do you have a pic of your bike with the Whelen? Exactly which model LED bar is it?

I have the BAL & like it a lot. Have not seen any of the others in person? I have been told it gets your attention. It can easily be adjusted from solid to blinking.

I had a Panacea on my 02 and all the good things these guys are talking about are true. It was brighter, had the blinking thing going on and the turn indicator built in. All good stuff until it quit working, lucky for me I was near home when it quit.........I called Kuryakyn and asked them if they could fix it, they said no, ya can't fix those things, it's a micro proccessor. I asked what I could do and they told me they'd be happy to sell me another one..........needless to say I converted back to a good ol 1157 bulb and went on my way. Just a thought, but, if ya do any Long distance Touring you can get a 1157 bulb anywhere, an LED Micro Proccessor, that's a different story.

I had the KURYAKYN one it is nice.But the bal is much brighter than it.during the day they see you and at night they really see it.That is my .02

Back