free website stats program Kuryakyn ISO grips - problem? | Harley Davidson Forums

Kuryakyn ISO grips - problem?

Keithhu

I was asking a local dealer how much to install them, they said they wouldn't install them, said there 'was a problem with the left one'.

Anyone hear about this before?

I installed them on my 02 Heritage with no problem, left or right. Does Kuryakin list fitment for your 2010? They would be the ones to ask, dealers have a habit of not recommending something they can't make money on.

I have use them on my past three bikes with no problem. The only thing on the left grip is to make sure it is fully pushed up on the bar when you install it. Stop pushing it without fully seating it and that's where she'll be. Got to be pretty quick or the glue sets.

I've got them on my 08 Street Glide. Only problem I had with the left grip was getting the glue to cure. Finally figured out that if I pushed it straight on without twisting, the glue would hold better. Had the sam problem on my wife's honda.

OK, thanks - sounds like a squinky left install, but you'd think the dealers wouldnt shy away from it....

Ive got iso grips on all three bikes no problems with them and they do help ease the vibration on the two solid mount bikes

Brian

I would do some more home work on the issue.
Dealer sell those grips if there was not an issue why would they not want to do the work.
Installing hand grips is easy money.

Perhaps they have a higher profit margin on the H-D grips?

The ISO grips do have the fasteners on the end caps for their Throttle Boss accessory, perhaps there is an issue with fitment for TBW or control wiring on the right side of your Y2010 ride. May want to get opinion from Küryakyn regarding fitment to your specific model, just to be sure before you pull the trigger and get them.

Last edited:
I was asking a local dealer how much to install them, they said they wouldn't install them, said there 'was a problem with the left one'.

Anyone hear about this before?

The third time, (dealer installed twice) got it figured out why the grip glue would not hold. Took the rubber out of the metal frame. It was oily inside. Washed it with hot soapy water and completely dried it. Put it back together, used Gorilla glue and works fine! The right side is led in place with switch housing. Hope this helps. :s

not probs with mine but i pulled the grip and washed it before i glued the left one as i had read before they were oily ..

Back