free website stats program kuryakn air cleaner 01 sportster? | Harley Davidson Forums

kuryakn air cleaner 01 sportster?

willy52

hey new to website was hoping someone could tell me if this would fit my application
i have a 2001 sportster with stock carb i like this air cleaner was wondering if anyone could tell me if this would work thanks

Kuryakyn chrome HIGH FLOW air filter kit for 99-11 Twin Cam harley models with CV carb,or Delphi F.I., except 08-11 touring models.Kit comes with all hardware,bolts,screws,and breather tubes

hey new to website was hoping someone could tell me if this would fit my application
i have a 2001 sportster with stock carb i like this air cleaner was wondering if anyone could tell me if this would work thanks

Kuryakyn chrome HIGH FLOW air filter kit for 99-11 Twin Cam harley models with CV carb,or Delphi F.I., except 08-11 touring models.Kit comes with all hardware,bolts,screws,and breather tubes

No, Sporsters are not Twin Cam motors, but keep looking Kuryakan surely makes pne for a Sporster:s

If you go to the Kuryakyn website, there is a filter on the top of the page where you can input your bike make, model, submodel, and year. The parts listed should fit.

Küryakyn makes nice looking, unique replacement parts. Underneath that a/c housing is likely a K&N filter element. Also, make sure you keep the paperwork so replacement parts 5 or 10 years from now will be easily found. New is good, but the quality durability and design also will make finding replacement part numbers years later. :s

One Note: I'd stay away from the "HyperCharger" style - good looks, but performance isn't worth the "Hype." SE Heavy Breather would be my choice...whenever I get another Sporty.

I am only 5' 6" and even with my "S&S" teardrop with K&N element inside, when sitting forward it touches my knee...but it works well, so I live with it (besides it looks so "classic").

KuryakinMiniWings.jpg

Heavy breather with the aircleaner far away from the right knee is best, if I had to do it all over again...JMHO. But clearly $300-$400 is a lot to pay for a new aircleaner.

Back