free website stats program Know Your Harley - Trivia | Harley Davidson Forums

Know Your Harley - Trivia

Zamadan

Hello, Okay I received permission to start a trivia game – Get to know your Harley. This is for all young and old / new or experienced riders. It is to debase the old Myth that men don’t read instructions. Ladies can try to prove it’s true. The objective is to find obscure and curious items in your owners and/or service manual and try to stump others with the same ride.

Rules:

#1 - Identify the model of bike, i.e.: Touring, Sportster, Softail.
#2 – Identify style and year.
#3 - Trick Questions can be used so can pictures to identify a component.
#4 – Answers should be contained in the owners and/or service manual.

I will start off with three questions.

Touring, 2007 FLHT Electra Glide – What is the acceptable rear belt deflection?

Softail, 2006 FLSTC Heritage – Which way do you turn the left fuel cap when filling the tank? Clockwise or counter-clockwise.

Sportster, 2006 XL 1200LR – How many clutch plates 6, 7, or 9? Bonus - does the clutch run wet or dry?

Hello, Okay I received permission to start a trivia game – Get to know your Harley. This is for all young and old / new or experienced riders. It is to debase the old Myth that men don’t read instructions. Ladies can try to prove it’s true. The objective is to find obscure and curious items in your owners and/or service manual and try to stump others with the same ride.

Rules:

#1 - Identify the model of bike, i.e.: Touring, Sportster, Softail.
#2 – Identify style and year.
#3 - Trick Questions can be used so can pictures to identify a component.
#4 – Answers should be contained in the owners and/or service manual.

I will start off with three questions.

Touring, 2007 FLHT Electra Glide – What is the acceptable rear belt deflection?

Softail, 2006 FLSTC Heritage – Which way do you turn the left fuel cap when filling the tank? Clockwise or counter-clockwise.

Sportster, 2006 XL 1200LR – How many clutch plates 6, 7, or 9? Bonus - does the clutch run wet or dry?

These are going to be tough questions to answer unless you have that specific models manual as the belt tensions have changed with the newer models and also they change between the 07 models also. The older ones used to be 5/16 - 3/8 on most.

For example the one in question is 3/8 - 7/16 where the flhrs and flhx is 1/4 - 5/16.

It may also be a good idea to include questions to the topics in the self help forum in this trivia so members would look through there and familiarize themselves with that forum and what's in there.

Great idea in any event. Much to be learned here to the benefit of all.

The belt deflection is 3/8 to 7-16 :p
Trick question on the filler cap, not to be removed.:)
I thought there were 9 plates and runs wet. Learned something.:D

Found out it is easy to check the belt, should be part of my regular inspection on the bike.

Touring Models - Air Shocks - What pressure would you have for a rider of 179 lbs?

Again here different years have different specs. This could be a tough one.

More applicable would be how do you fill them?

Again here different years have different specs. This could be a tough one.

More applicable would be how do you fill them?

Agreed 2007 FLHR/C, FLHT/C/U and FLTR are at 0 to 10 psi.

When servicing your bike and you have to replace a bolt what is the link in HDTimeline to find how you determine the grade of bolt you need for replacement?

I want a question to research. lol :D

Back