free website stats program Klock werks windshield with T-bags? | Harley Davidson Forums

Klock werks windshield with T-bags?

Foxman

I am looking into the 6.5 inch Klock Werks kwindshield for my 02' Electra, but not sure if it will work with the T-bags I have behind my windshield.
I've grown used to them, and would like to keep them, and I love the look of the Klock Werks windshield, so I was just wondering if anybody had tried this before.

If you don't get a specific answer here, you're best bet would be to call each company and tell them exactly what you're planning and see what they say.

I have a saddleman bag on my ultra and the KW just didn't fit with this bag. I've heard nothing but good things about KW and when I contacted them they were very helpful.
Contact them and If you get the same friendly treatment I received you'll get your answer.

Here is a cut and paste from their website.
The 6.5" was the first height created for batwing style fairings. Works great for average height riders. Popular on Street Glides. Does not fit with 3-pouch windshield bags, but does fit the new Klock Werks NAV-BAG!!

Klock Werks Klock Werks FLARE

Foxman;I tried the same set-up w/my 09 FLHX (batwing + 6.5" KW + t-bags), but it was way tight with the smaller shield. If you want to keep the t-bag set-up, go with the 8.5" KW shield.

If you're interested, I swapped my 8.5" Dark Smoke KW shield for taller LRS (wanted a change) so can offer mine up for $100 + shipping. Not trying to peddle, just happened to be good timing for matching my shield swap.

Let me know...

Foxman; sorry for the delay as I was traveling - PM answered and I'll take a good look @ shield today. I cleaned it up after removal and was surprised to not see anything along the t-bag area, but will let you know if I find any flaws. Will try to send some pics too...more to follow.

Foxman,
Finally got some shield pics uploaded/attached. If you look close enough, there are a few small cracks at both outer bolt holes and a line across the bottom of shield where it meets fairing, but everything's hidden when mounted on bike. Noting major and overall great shape for an almost 4-yr-old shield (bought in Oct 2009). If still interested, I'll cut price to 1/2 of new ($90 + ship)...let me know.

Attachments

• KW7.jpg
    KW7.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 27
  • KW4.jpg
    KW4.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 26
  • KW2.jpg
    KW2.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 24
  • KW5.jpg
    KW5.jpg